Sunday, June 24, 2012

Refreshed Studio

Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work... Ralph Marston
I finally have finished my huge cleanup and painting my design studio!  Our house dates back to 1900, over the years renovations have been done but overall the rooms are small. I use two small rooms in our home as studios, one for my design and illustration work, the other for my Crazy Fox jewelry. I'm in this 10 x 13 studio day and night and while it looked great before it was time for a change. The walls went from a pale robin's egg blue to Behr "Celery Ice". I love the new color, it is very refreshing and cool and looks green or yellow depending on the time of day. My cupboard (which you cannot see in these photos) has book shelves and two filing cabinets in it and was filled with tissue drawings, proofs, samples, books and more - almost everything was recycled, it was time to let go and renew. Of course I picked the hottest day of the year to paint with the temperature over 39 degrees C, but now as I sit in my clean studio it is all worth the mess and heat. Next week I start the jewelry studio, which is a bigger mess! One day I hope to have one large studio until then I'll be happy in my refreshed studios!

Refreshed Studio, with Wally, supervising

before and after

No comments:

Post a Comment