Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Nest

“A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” Chinese Proverb

I have collected fallen nests since I was a little girl. The idea that one little bird could create such beauty, so effortlessly is amazing. Nests are architectural wonders, tiny homes tucked safe away from danger. Dorothy said it best “there’s no place like HOME” my home/nest is where I create and work.  My jewelry is often inspired by nests, birds and wings.

Brooch - the Nest - SOLD

Pocket Watch, Nest Necklace - the Promise - SOLD

Copper Etched Stamped Cuff - Awake My Soul







































































I remember the first time I dreamed of flying, I was 5 or 6 years old. I was high above our house, looking down on my family and wonder why they weren’t flying with me. I’d tell my Mom in the morning I was flying all night and she would say “you must be tired, sometimes you have to put your dreams to rest and sleep”. I’d wake up from those dreams and wish I could go back into the dream for that sense of total freedom. To this day I still dream of flying, flight has and will always be magical to me. In reality, we cannot really fly thus, such dreams can be representative of things that are beyond our physical limitations. Another way of interpreting flying dreams is that these dreams symbolize your strong mind and will. You feel indefectible and that nobody can tell you what you cannot do and accomplish. I encourage everyone to fly or a least listen to the songs of the birds because we all have our individual songs to sing. Each one as magical and beautiful as the next...


Original Watercolor Cameo Brooch - Brinley Blueblue

Feather Earring - Fairy Whispers - SOLD

Shadow Box Locket Necklace - Wings of Hope

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful first post for a beautiful new blog... I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete